Recipe by JackieOhNo!
When you are looking for a soup that's a meal, this will fit the bill.
Top Review by Annacia
Jackie, your not kidding when said it's a meal! I used red pepper as that is what I had and for the milk I used fat free evaporated. Skipped the butter and cooked everything in the water that I added a bit of chicken base too. I very much liked that the spuds suffered a split personality in this soup. Some dissolved thickening the soup and some remained in well cooked chunks. Yummy :D
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Saute scallion and green pepper until tender. Add potatoes, 2 cups water, and seasonings. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Make a paste of flour and 1/3 cup water. Stir into potato mixture.
- Add milk and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in undrained corn and ham. Heat through.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.