- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cubed 3/4 inch potatoes
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups American cheese
- 8 ounces cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in onion; cook over medium heat until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes, milk, salt and pepper. Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are fork tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and sausage. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sausage is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.