1/7 Photos of Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup
This is a very flavorful soup that is a comfort food for my family. The recipe was given to me by my Portuguese mil over 30 yrs ago. Her mother had passed it on to her. This soup is easily stretched to make more servings. The Chorizo gives the broth a good base for adding another can of beans or more pasta or a little water. Soul warming for a cold night, serve with a warm crusty bread. A great next day soup. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove casing from sausage and cut into smaller than bit sized pieces.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy soup pot; saute the sausage& onion just until the fat is rendered, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Drain on paper towels.
- 4Add other ingredients except kale,& pasta.
- 5Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Add kale, and pasta and simmer about 8 minutes until both are tender.
- 7Taste for seasoning- depending on how spicy your sausage is, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve piping hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Portuguese Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.6 mg
- Sodium 1466.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 37.4 g