1 hr 20 mins
PugMomma Brenda's Note:
This is an excellent pork stew for a nice cold night. I did serve this over hot noodles and I am sure it would be good over rice as well. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Annual Recipes 2007 and it was submitted by Lucille Howell, Portland Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean pork stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb carrot, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle pork with sage and mint. In a very large.
- 2oven-going skillet brown pork in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high.
- 3heat, turning often. Remove pork from skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and.
- 4garlic to skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in browned.
- 5pork, broth, and bay leaf. Bring pork mixture to boiling. Remove from.
- 6heat; cover. Place skillet in oven. Bake fro 30 minutes. Stir in chopped.
- 7carrots; cover and bake for 20 minutes more or until carrots are.
- 9In a small saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low.
- 10heat. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and Worcestershire sauce. Remove.
- 11skillet from oven. Return skillet to stovetop; uncover. Stir in flour.
- 12mixture. Bring pork mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring.
- 13occasionally. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until the.
- 14mixture is slightly thickened. Remove and discard bay leaf. If desired,.
- 15serve stew over hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 417.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g