Recipe by Kikiloveshercop
Pizza made into a salad! I just dreamed this up today and it tastes very yummy. You can mix it up by using both mozzarella and cheddar or provolone instead of mozz. You could also try adding pizza veggies like 1/4 cup green bell pepper julienne sliced in inch long pieces or fresh sliced mushrooms.
- 8 ounces salad pasta, preferably spiral
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pepperoni, sliced again in fours
- 2 tablespoons bacon, crumbles (cooked and cooled)
- 2 ounces dried dried tomatoes, re-hydrated until soft then cooled
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup thick shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta to al dente, drain and rinse in cold water until pasta is cool.
- Pour pasta into a large glass bowl.
- Slice the re-hydrated tomatoes into roughly 3/4 inch to one inch pieces.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl until tomato paste in well mixed inches.
- Pour dressing onto pasta.
- Separate pepperoni pieces.
- Add pepperoni, bacon, tomatoes, onion, olives and cheeses.
- Toss together in the bowl and sea salt to taste.
- Serve chilled (at least one hour in refrigerator).