Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy and filling vegetarian dish. I found this recipe online and played with it a bit-- this is the result! Tutto Bene!
- 4 ounces rotini pasta (1 c)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook rotini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook 3 min or until light brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese and spinach. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 min or until flavors have blended.
- Add spinach; simmer additional 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Toss rotini with sauce; sprinkle with cheese.