Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook4 hrs 30 mins
from taste of home. Slow cooker recipe
Make and share this Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup - Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the next 13 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Stir into slow cooker; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Another tasty soup used zucchini and Italian sausage. I added a little more zucchini to use it up and 3 extra cloves of garlic. I also enjoyed the tortellini and fresh mushrooms. I just fixed mine on the stove top and it was ready in an hour. Thank you for posting and I'll make this again. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag July 2009* game
This soup is packed with vegetables and it tasted great. I like a thicker consistency, so I added about 2 Tbsp of tomato paste. Great dinner on a cool fall evening. I know I will make this again, many more times!