Barb Gertz's Note:
A hearty soup, tasty and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces tubetti (about 2 cups uncooked) or 8 ounces ditalini (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced canned tomatoes, petit-cut
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Heat 3-quart covered saucepan of salted water to boiling over high heat; add pasta and cook as label directs.
- 2Meanwhile, in a 4-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- 3Add celery, onion, and carrots; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add broth, tomatoes with their juice, and water; cover saucepan and heat to boiling over high heat.
- 5Drain pasta; stir into broth mixture; stir in beans and parsley; heat through.
- 6Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Pasta and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 1043.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g