Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A hearty soup, tasty and easy to make.
Make and share this Hearty Pasta and Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces tubetti (about 2 cups uncooked) or 8 ounces ditalini (about 2 cups uncooked)
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced canned tomatoes, petit-cut
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- Heat 3-quart covered saucepan of salted water to boiling over high heat; add pasta and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in a 4-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add celery, onion, and carrots; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, tomatoes with their juice, and water; cover saucepan and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Drain pasta; stir into broth mixture; stir in beans and parsley; heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve, enjoy.
Had this for supper yesterday and was really enjoyed by all. No spices/garlic meant the kids devoured it but i thought it could maybe have done with a bit of chilli or something..... personal taste nd all that. A great, economical, tasty dish tho. thanks Barb
It's getting to be soup weather in our area and this made for a wonderful main dish for our dinner. The bacon really added to the flavor. The recipe doesn't state the amount for the beans, so I added one can and it was sufficient. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Barb.