Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are filling sandwiches. They're great for lazy weekend lunches. I've had this recipe for awhile now which came from another website that I can't remember the name of.
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 small individual French baguettes
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, mustard, and horseradish.
- Split bread loaves horizontally and spread sour cream mixture on cut surfaces.
- Top bread bottoms with cheese and roast beef.
- Replace bread tops and wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil.
- Bake sandwiches at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove bread tops and place alfalfa sprouts on top of roast beef.
- Replace bread tops and cut each sandwich in half to serve.
We thought these were great - and easy for me to put together. I added just a teaspoon of horseradish to the sauce, fearing that more would be too hot for my kid's delicate palate, ( ha!ha!) and I used two slices of cheese for each sandwich. We did the sprouts too, and I thought they definitely added to the sandwich. Thanks!
This was a very good sandwich! The only thing I did different was I left off the alfafa sprouts.Very Good. Thanks,Darlene