Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a winter favorite with my family. It's a good comfort food that hits the spot for breakfast or 'dinner' some evening.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In bowl combine oats and buttermilk.
- Stir and refrigerate 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Just before cooking, add eggs, melted butter, and raisins.
- Stir together in a sperate bowl the dry ingredients.
- Add to oat mixture til just moist.
- Cook in usual fashion in skillet with light oil.
I used yogurt+milk to substitute buttermilk because i can't find it here where i live. The consisitency was goot yet too wet. The flavour is very good