Recipe by susan
This is a winter favorite with my family. It's a good comfort food that hits the spot for breakfast or 'dinner' some evening.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine oats and buttermilk.
- Stir and refrigerate 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- Just before cooking, add eggs, melted butter, and raisins.
- Stir together in a sperate bowl the dry ingredients.
- Add to oat mixture til just moist.
- Cook in usual fashion in skillet with light oil.