Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great ABM recipe that I got from another cooking site. This bread is very simple to make and is delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, lukewarm
- 3⁄4 cup milk, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all the ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Use white bread setting for 1 1/2 lb. loaf.
I seldom use my bread machine and I think I figured out why. I made this bread twice. The first time resulted in a disaster and then after talking with a friend, I reduced the liquid by 1 tablespoon and the yeast to 2 teaspoons. The results were much more pleasing. I will try adjusting for high altitude more often and see if that helps me like the bread machine better. This bread has a nice crust and a chewy texture.