Suprise someone you love with a couple of these cookies in their lunch bag.
Make and share this Hearty Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well blended.
- Stir in chips, raisins and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart unto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
these cookies were yummy. i like the subtle taste of the cinnamon spice. I left out the raisins and added a cup of coconut just as a personal preference. They also were a breeze to make. thanks for recipe