Recipe by Genevason
These hearty cookies are great, very filling. They are not too sweet so they go well with brunch. If you want a healthier alternative, add raisins instead of chocolate chips. Enjoy :)
Top Review by vtopp
These cookies are awesome. A cinch to put together and, what I like most, chock full of goodness. I'll have to make another batch as the first ones are gone already. I had a little trouble keeping the chocolate chips inside the dough but managed to push them on top of each dough ball before baking. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (white)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup wheat bran (or 1 cup 100% Bran cereal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cereal (honey nut cheerios is a good choice) or 1⁄2 cup add more wheat bran
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cereal, bran, rolled oats and peanuts.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Form small balls unto greased baking sheets (for chewy cookies leave in a ball, for crispier cookies flatten a bit).
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.