Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yet another recipe from Light & Tasty. It is a good recipe, and goes great with stews. It's a good change from cornbread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, 4 T oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Spread batter into an 8-inch or 9-inch round baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining oats.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
This loaf is very tasty! My two girls really like it warm with butter and honey. My dh thought it was bland, but I really like it.