Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is very easy to throw together. This bread is good with chili's, stews or toasted for breakfast. Got this from TOH Light and Tastey a few years ago. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine flours, 1/2 cup oats,sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spread batter into a 8 or 9 inches round baking pan coated with nonstic cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining oats.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serve warm.