Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is very easy to throw together. This bread is good with chili's, stews or toasted for breakfast. Got this from TOH Light and Tastey a few years ago. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl combine flours, 1/2 cup oats,sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spread batter into a 8 or 9 inches round baking pan coated with nonstic cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining oats.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serve warm.