Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I found this recipe in a cookbook entitled Grandma's Best Loved Recipes. Really quick and easy to throw together and tastes similar to baked spaghetti.
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 pint ricotta cheese or 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) packageextra wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring to separate.
- Combine sauce, sausage, ricotta cheese, noodles, half the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and bell pepper in large bowl. Spoon into a 3-quart casserole dish or 13 x 9 baking pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until heated through.