Hearty Mushroom Barley Soup
- Heat dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add oil and tilt pan to coat bottom pan.
- Add yellow onions; cook 8 minutes or until just begining to turn golden.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, barley; worcestershire sauce and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions, salt and pepper.