Recipe by michelles3boys
This is a recipe that a friend of mine gave me. It's a nice comfort food for a cold winter's night. I use Bush's Chili Magic chili beans for the extra flavor. If you can't find Bush's Chili Magic and instead use a can of regular chili beans, you might have to add some extra chili powder to season.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed minestrone soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 16 ounces chili beans (I use Bush's Chili Magic)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the onion.
- Brown the ground beef and the onion together.
- Drain the ground beef/onion mixture on a paper towel.
- Chop the stewed tomatoes in a food processor.
- option: you can add the Rotel to the stewed tomatoes in the processor if you would like for the Rotel to be a finer consistency.
- In a large pot simmer everything together for at least 15 minutes.