Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
With a soup this rich and hearty, you won’t need a sandwich!
Make and share this Hearty Minestrone recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) packagejohnsonville hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink and lightly brown.
- Add red bell pepper, onion and celery; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender.