1 hr 15 mins
A satisfiying, hearty soup that's great as a main dish. Simply delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage (crumbled or sliced)
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup kidney bean, cooked
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni (or other pasta)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (to garnish)
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil and butter.
- 2Add sausage and brown lightly.
- 3Add onion, garlic, celery, carrot and green pepper. Cook until softened but not browned.
- 4Stir in zucchini, parsley, basil, thyme, chili flakes, bay leaf and a little salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Add beans and pasta. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes. If too thick, dilute with water to desired consistency.
- 8Serve with Parmeson sprinkled on top (optional).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 747.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes