Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum=) I believe I got this out of Taste of Home.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 cups zucchini, cut up
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown Italian sausage, celery and onion; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
We thought this soup was very good and hit the spot on a cold night. I used turkey italian sausage and also added a handful of chopped cabbage that I had leftover from another recipe. I used 1 tsp of Penzeys Italian Seasoning instead of all the herbs. Thanks for posting!