Recipe by Bev I Am
Quick and satisfying, this stew is sure to please. Adapted from Southern Living
Top Review by seal angel
This was really good! I usually don't like pork but I was impressed. I did add more veggies, carrots, celery, and one red potatoe. Also added some cumin. An hour before we ate I added zucchini and 1/4 cup rice. All in the crockpot!!! Love that!!! Added chedder and cotija cheese on top with a dollop of sour cream. Will be making this again.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté pork cubes and onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven 5 minutes or until pork is lightly browned.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and cut each half into thick slices.
- Add zucchini, 3 1/2 cups water, corn, salsa and taco seasoning to pork and onion in Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in quick rice.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with condiments of your choice.