Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spaghetti with a south-of-the-border flair. Recipe of the week from Hints of Hunts email I received.
- 340.19 g spaghetti, uncooked
- 28.34 g package taco seasoning mix
- 453.59 g lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 411.06 g tomatoes, canned, diced in sauce, undrained
- 623.68 g whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, undrained (with red and green peppers)
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies, undrained
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Break spaghetti in half and add to simmering water in large pot or Dutch oven. Cook until tender.
- In large skillet brown ground beef or turkey. Add taco seaoning mix, undrained tomatoes and corn, green chilies, and onions. Over medium heat cook until heated thru, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl. Add meat mixture and toss lightly. Sprinkle with cheese, serve.
Loved this dish! I made it using spicy pork sausage meat and still added in crushed chili flakes, I browned the meat with a chopped onion and fresh minced garlic, this is delicious, thank you for sharing sharing this great recipe Lauralie, this was made for KK's tag game
What a delicious way to prepare spaghetti. I generally use ground turkey, but chose to use ground round instead. I added an extra can of diced tomatoes and a can of rotel as well. We also used shredded cotija cheese. Will definitely make this delicious dish again.
This was a terrific meal and quite spicy, which works for this family. I used a 15 oz. can of regular canned corn because it's what I had on hand. Since I used almost 1-1/2 lbs. of ground beef, I needed more liquid so added a can of Rotel tomatoes. I cooked the beef with chopped onion, drained the fat, returned all to the pan and proceeded to add the remaining ingredients. I just can't bring myself to leave the meat undrained in any recipe. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.