Recipe by lauralie41
Spaghetti with a south-of-the-border flair. Recipe of the week from Hints of Hunts email I received.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Loved this dish! I made it using spicy pork sausage meat and still added in crushed chili flakes, I browned the meat with a chopped onion and fresh minced garlic, this is delicious, thank you for sharing sharing this great recipe Lauralie, this was made for KK's tag game
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, canned, diced in sauce, undrained
- 22 ounces whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, undrained (with red and green peppers)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti in half and add to simmering water in large pot or Dutch oven. Cook until tender.
- In large skillet brown ground beef or turkey. Add taco seaoning mix, undrained tomatoes and corn, green chilies, and onions. Over medium heat cook until heated thru, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl. Add meat mixture and toss lightly. Sprinkle with cheese, serve.