Recipe by KGCOOK
I tried this one out of my crockpot book and DH has been asking for this at least twice per month. He loves it! I use the 93% beef because the less fat the better. The low salt and Lactose free milk are what I use, feel free to use what ever you like.
Top Review by Deely
This recipe is definitely kid friendly! The grandkids liked it so much that they asked for the recipe...and that's a first! I halved the recipe with no problems and used freshly grated romano cheese. Thank you posting a real winner for both my household and my daughters KGCook.
Made for cookathon at kittencalskitchen.
- 3 lbs 93% lean ground beef or 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups beef broth, low salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Form into 2 inch round balls.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Brown meatballs on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to 5 or 6 quart crock-pot or slow cooker and stir well.
- Add meatballs to crock-pot and mix gently to coat meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours or on high 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve on top of spaghetti or serve just plain with extra cheese sprinkle on top and garlic bread.