Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
October 2000 Issue Betty Crocker Bisquick Mini-Cookbook
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 20 frozen meatballs, cooked
- Heat oven to 375*. Grease pie plate. Mix Bisquick, margarine and milk until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface well dusted with Bisquick; gently roll in bisquick to coat. Shape into ball; knead 5 times. Divide dough in half; press half on bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Heat remaining ingredients in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Pour meatball mixture into pie plate. Pat remaining dough into 9 inch circle on surface dusted with Bisquick; place over filling. Press edge of pie lightly to seal.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is light brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with a fresh green salad.
- **For a flavor kick use Italian or Mexican style stewed tomatoes.