1/2 Photos of Hearty Meat Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
Deb's Recipes's Note:
One of my family's favorite meals, I make this classic Italian casserole using a blend of Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina, and Romano cheeses. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 extra-wide lasagna noodles (10+ ounces)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2-1 lb fresh mushrooms (sliced and sauteed in butter)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar thick spaghetti sauce (Your favorite!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1Cook and drain noodles as directed on package; rinse with hot water and drain.
- 2In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef and Italian sausage until done; drain then add mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and tomato sauce; simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, blend egg and ricotta.
- 4In the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan, spread layers of 1/3 of the sauce, then 1/3 of the lasagne noodles, then 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, and then 1/3 of the shredded cheese; repeat layers twice.
- 5Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 375° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake another 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- 6NOTE: You can get by using 9 lasagne noodles, but I use 12 because I like to overlap them a bit ~ You also may vary the meats and use 1 pound sausage with 3/4 pound beef or whatever combination your family likes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Meat Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.1 mg
- Sodium 1256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend