Recipe by Acountkel
Found this in a Quick Cooking Issue of 2005 More comfort food. My family loves this.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tbls drippings. In the drippings, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausge is lightly browned. Stir in bacon and remaining ingredients. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7x2 baking dish. Bake uncovered @ 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.