Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I like to prepare this the night before and then refrigerate overnight. It gives more time for the flavors to blend. If you don't have that much time, you can just put it straight into the crock pot. This makes enough sauce for 1 lb of pasta.
- 1⁄4 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 -10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- dried bay leaf
- In skillet, season sausage and beef with salt and pepper. Brown until cooked through. Do not drain.
- In crock pot, combine all ingredients, including meat.
- Optional: refrigerate overnight.
- Cook in crock pot on low setting 6-12 hours. Serve over desired pasta.