Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple one dish meal from Delicious Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground round, onion, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until meat is browned and onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking; add more water, if needed.
This is a very good recipe and my granddaughter loved it.
Good simple weeknight meal. I followed the recipe other then I used beef broth instead of water and used a 14.5 ounce can. I also added another half a teaspoon of pepper and salt to the finished dish as we thought it needed more seasoning too.
Pretty good! We both thought it needed some more seasoning, though. Nice & hearty, indeed.