Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple one dish meal from Delicious Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol.
Make and share this Hearty Macaroni and Beef recipe from Food.com.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground round, onion, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until meat is browned and onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking; add more water, if needed.
Good simple weeknight meal. I followed the recipe other then I used beef broth instead of water and used a 14.5 ounce can. I also added another half a teaspoon of pepper and salt to the finished dish as we thought it needed more seasoning too.
Pretty good! We both thought it needed some more seasoning, though. Nice & hearty, indeed.
I used fresh mushrooms. It gives a lot. The taste is so good. It's great that the pasta cook in the same pot as the meat. Thanks lazyme :) Made for Cookbook tag game