Recipe by Erv Kosch
I'm on a diet and I wanted use up some left overs in the freezer and make something that would fill me up. So why not make an original low cal chicken soup? So here's my chicken soup recipe. If you don't want to buy a bunch of different frozen vegetables just buy a quality mixed vegetable. It usually pretty close to the portions in this recipes. If you cook at a lower temperature add about 10 minutes to your cook time.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (diced)
- 1 cup frozen green beans (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots (diced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 14 ounces dark chicken meat (legs and thighs quarters work well)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken broth, tomatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, pepper flakes, potatoes and rosemary in a dutch oven on low-medium heat.
- While the soup is heating remove the skin and excessive fat from your chicken. Cut the chicken up into bite sized piece add to soup. If you want to add some richness to the soup put the bones into tied off cheese cloth and add it to soup.
- When the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender add in the rest of the ingredients and cook until the noodles are done (about 12-15 minutes).