Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is based on a recipe from You Are What You Eat. I love eating these kinds of things for lunch, as the protein and complex carbs stop me from craving sugar at 4pm.
- 225 g brown lentils
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 carrots, timmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 a butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 celery, trimmed and chopped
- 50 g frozen peas
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Soak the lentils in cold water for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Place the onions and stock cube in a saucepan with 750ml water and bring to the boil.
- Add the lentils, carrots, squash, and sweet potato. Bring back to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, baby spinach and tamari, stir through, then remove from the heat and serve.