Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick warm-up that will chase the cold away, pronto.
Make and share this Hearty Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cleaned and uncooked
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 8 cups water or 8 cups your favourite chicken stock or 8 cups vegetable stock
- Throw everything in a pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, turn heat down. Allow to simmer approximately 40 minutes.
This soup was so easy to make. Such a yummy taste. Filling and satisfying. Will make this again.