Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Really good on a cold day
- 1 lb lentils
- 1 lb ham, uncooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Cook ham in 2 quarts of water for 1 hour, then cube.
- Add lentils and cook on medium heat for another 1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Dice potato and carrot and add to stock.
- In a seperate pan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour to onions and stir until thick.
- Add to soup and cook another 15 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.