Recipe by Valeria
This vegetarian chili is less saucy than most people are used to, but even the staunchest meat eaters can appreciate how tasty and filling it is. It's also rich in nutrients and fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green lentil
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add lentils, stock, chili powder and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes, or until lentils are almost cooked. Add water or more vegetable stock if necessary to prevent from burning.
- Stir in kidney beans and bell pepper and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until lentils are tender and liquid has been absorbed. If desired, garnish with parsley or cilantro before serving.