Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a quick to make and substantial to eat. Just the job for Winter days. It is based on a recipe published long ago by the english Cranks restaurants. If you like a chunky soup then serve as cooked, but if you like your soups smoother then blitz it in a blender or food processor.
- Chop the onion Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- For a slightly smoother soup, allow it to cool slightly then blitz it in a blender or food processor, then reheat.
- Serve the soup with chunky wholemeal bread if you want a meal in a dish!