This recipe is a quick to make and substantial to eat. Just the job for Winter days. It is based on a recipe published long ago by the english Cranks restaurants. If you like a chunky soup then serve as cooked, but if you like your soups smoother then blitz it in a blender or food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion until transparent.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- 3Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 5For a slightly smoother soup, allow it to cool slightly then blitz it in a blender or food processor, then reheat.
- 6Serve the soup with chunky wholemeal bread if you want a meal in a dish!
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Lentil and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 234.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: