1/1 Photo of Hearty Leek & Potato Soup
A one pot recipe for a yummy, hearty soup that is a meal in itself, great with crusty bread. Simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop the potatoes into half inch cubes.
- 2Wash and chop the leeks, celery and scallions. They don't have to be chopped finely but not too chunky. Mince or finely chop the garlic.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add all of the vegetables. Over a medium heat, stir until the veg is coated in butter, then put the lid on and leave to sweat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is absorbed.
- 4Add the stock, season, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are good and soft.
- 5Remove from the heat and blend thoroughly. Add the cream and stir well.
- 6You can either then put back onto the heat until steaming hot (do not let it boil) and serve, or cool and reheat later, or freeze.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Leek & Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 339.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g