Recipe by Marychef
A one pot recipe for a yummy, hearty soup that is a meal in itself, great with crusty bread. Simple to make.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs leeks
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 3 scallions
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the potatoes into half inch cubes.
- Wash and chop the leeks, celery and scallions. They don't have to be chopped finely but not too chunky. Mince or finely chop the garlic.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add all of the vegetables. Over a medium heat, stir until the veg is coated in butter, then put the lid on and leave to sweat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is absorbed.
- Add the stock, season, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are good and soft.
- Remove from the heat and blend thoroughly. Add the cream and stir well.
- You can either then put back onto the heat until steaming hot (do not let it boil) and serve, or cool and reheat later, or freeze.