Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is ideal for a lunch or supper on a cold day. All you need with it is some nice crusty bread. The lentils will thicken it, so no messing about with flour and much healthier! It will serve 3 or 4 as a main course or 6 as a starter for a dinner.
- 40 g pancetta
- 5 g low-fat butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 25 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 5 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lentils
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- extra coriander (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan or cocotte, fry the bacon in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except the crème fraîche and the extra coriander.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for and hour.
- Serve in bowls with a swirl of crème fraîche and the reserved coriander on top.