Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Makes a nice casual family supper. A little on the salty side but we like salty food. You may want to substitute ready-to-serve chicken broth for the condensed.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and quartered
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- salt and pepper
- Add lamb, onion, and garlic to a large pot; stir/cook until the lamb is browned and the onion is softened.
- Add in the chicken broth, tomatoes, rice, and oregano; bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes; stir every now and again.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes, stirring every now and again.