A tummy filling one pot meal - just add some rye bread for dunking in the sauce.
Make and share this Hearty Kielbasa Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven, add kielbasa and brown lightly over medium high heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and kielbasa, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.