Recipe by Pam C.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Super easy to make yet packed with flavor. Perfect when you want something with a true "home" cooked taste without all the work! My mom came up with this recipe over 50 years ago and my family loves it. The mashed potatoe crust is an unexpected surprise. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 lb polska kielbasa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. In a medium bowl mix slightly beaten egg into the mashed potatoes; press into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate as if making a pie crust. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile slice kielbasa into 1/2" slices then cut into quarters; spray large skillet with cooking spray; add kielbasa and drained tomatos and saute until the kielbasa is cooked through and slightly browned. Spoon into the baked mashed potatoe crust and sprinkle with shredded swiss cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned; let set for 10 minutes before slicing like a pie.