Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from an old cookbook I have had for awhile. I like to make this on a cold day.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked beef or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken
- In a large saucepan combine broth, cabbage, undrained tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beans and beef or chicken.
- Serve with you favorite bread.