Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves this recipe served with warm french bread spread with butter and used to dip. It is easy and great on those days when it is cold out.
- 453.59 g bulk mild Italian sausage
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 793.78 g chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 177.44 ml tiny macaroni
- 6 piece mozzarella string cheese
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage, green pepper and onion; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except macaroni and cheese.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- In each bowl, shred 1 piece of string cheese and pour soup over the top; repeat for remaining servings.
- This makes about (6) 1-1/3 cup servings.
This was so delicious...I used a hot Italian sausage because that's what we like...I did add some salt and pepper...I also used small sea shells for the pasta...I cut the recipe in half...putting the cheese on the bottom of the bowl was a nice touch...it melted much better...great idea...made for Spring PAC 2013