Recipe by thecatergator
My family loves this recipe served with warm french bread spread with butter and used to dip. It is easy and great on those days when it is cold out.
Top Review by teresas
This was so delicious...I used a hot Italian sausage because that's what we like...I did add some salt and pepper...I also used small sea shells for the pasta...I cut the recipe in half...putting the cheese on the bottom of the bowl was a nice touch...it melted much better...great idea...made for Spring PAC 2013
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup tiny macaroni
- 6 pieces mozzarella string cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage, green pepper and onion; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except macaroni and cheese.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- In each bowl, shred 1 piece of string cheese and pour soup over the top; repeat for remaining servings.
- This makes about (6) 1-1/3 cup servings.