Recipe by Shana C
This simple, hearty stew is serious comfort food. It is best with good quality sausage, as it provides the seasoning. Garnish with a 50/50 mix of Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese for even more flavor.
- 453.59 g bulk mild Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (1233.20 g) can beef broth
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can white beans, any variety, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml uncooked macaroni
- salt and pepper
- grated pecorino romano cheese, and or parmesan cheese, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Italian sausage over medium heat in a soup pot and drain.
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic and carrots.
- Cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, kidney beans and 1/2 a can of white beans.
- Mash remaining white beans and add.
- Simmer 10-20 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook until tender, usually about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Pecorino Romano and/or Parmesan cheese.