1/1 Photo of Hearty Italian Sausage Stew
Shana C's Note:
This simple, hearty stew is serious comfort food. It is best with good quality sausage, as it provides the seasoning. Garnish with a 50/50 mix of Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese for even more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, any variety, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- salt and pepper
- grated pecorino romano cheese, and or parmesan cheese, as garnish
- 1Brown Italian sausage over medium heat in a soup pot and drain.
- 2Add olive oil, onion, garlic and carrots.
- 3Cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, beef broth, kidney beans and 1/2 a can of white beans.
- 5Mash remaining white beans and add.
- 6Simmer 10-20 minutes.
- 7Add macaroni and cook until tender, usually about 10 minutes.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with Pecorino Romano and/or Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Italian Sausage Stew
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.2
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 4336.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 47.9 g