Recipe by erinBOberrin
This is a quick and satisfying lowfat soup with lots of fiber. Add a piece of crusty french bread and eat it in front of the fireplace.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey in large pot with onion; drain any fat; return to pot and toss with italian seasoning Add tomatoes, beans and 8 cups water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cook macaroni; drain.
- Add to soup just before serving.
- Add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.