Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup water (adjust to get preferred consistency) or 1 cup tomato juice (adjust to get preferred consistency)
- 1⁄3 cup pepperoni, sliced in half
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, sausage, onion, and bell pepper until meats are browned and veggies are tender; drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered for 45 minutes.
Very flavorful - this had both an Italian flavor and a chili taste, which are two of my favorites.