Recipe by BrotherAdso
The buttermilk-induced fluffiness and hint of cinnamon and honey in these pancakes will make you forget how good for you they are! These are perfect on a bright Spring morning with strawberries, honey, jam, etc.
Top Review by Martha C C.
Made these exactly as recipe states, only cut the recipe in half. Maybe a little more buttermilk would make these even better. Even my "pickey eater" loved them. The pancakes are VERY filling. My go-to recipe for pancakes is this one!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal or 1 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, oats, leaveners, spices) in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs together until thoroughly blended and partially stiff in a smaller bowl.
- Add all other wet ingredients (buttermilk, canola oil, honey) to eggs, mix well.
- Slowly add wet mixture to dry, folding in until thoroughly blended.
- Let sit for 10-20 minutes or so while you put everything away and drink some coffee.
- Cook on lightly oiled or nonstick skillet until both sides are golden brown. These are moist pancakes, so be sure to check and sometimes flip back and do the same side twice.